I am Vice President of Energy and Environment at the HDP Group Inc., an Ottawa-based management consultancy. Though I work at HDP, the views and opinions expressed in this blog are mine alone and do not necessarily represent those of The HDP Group. Any errors or omissions related to the content of this blog are of course mine alone.
I lead energy- and environment-related projects dealing with current and future energy production and use at the macro and micro levels. In addition to the technical, technological, and organizational aspects, all of these projects involve also a political dimension, which often necessitates advocacy at various levels of government as well as in the general public arena. See “Energy as a political issue.”
These projects include
- Reviewing markets for energy products, and recommending strategies for obtaining the funding for renewing the manufacturing infrastructure for these products.
- Introducing new environmental technologies into mature energy industries.
- Developing new novel fuel manufacturing processes.
- Energy/environment policy advocacy.
- Energy production and use data management.
In addition to the custom cases that typify strategic consulting, I manage a portfolio of ongoing research projects. These are applied research in the chemistry and chemical engineering fields—development and optimization of chemical reactions and chemical manufacturing processes.
These projects call on the following capabilities:
- Conceptual business strategy development.
- Research project management.
- Organization strategy and design.
- Strategic/tactical communications.
You can reach me at 1+613-567-5300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.